Thread: PDI on new rigs
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Bill,

When we picked up my new 3075RL last month I went through pretty much everything on that list. The dealer had done their version of the PDI before we arrived and they assigned someone to give us our "Orientation". I told the orientation guy that I wanted to do the PDI list I brought with me and he said "fine, it's your trailer". He stayed with us the entire time answered any questions we had and as we looked at each section of the Monty first we would do what ever the PDI check had suggested and then he would tell us the orientation part for this section. We took a break for lunch then finished up the list. After we were done with the list let us sit it the trailer and tryout things on our own. As questions would come up I would go get him and he would come back to clarify any questions we had.

The dealer was also installing our hitch. It is a Trailer Saver that they don't sell and they had not installed before so they were taking their time with the installation. After everything had been completed and they showed me how to hitch and unhitch; one them took me out on the road for 5th wheel driving lessons since I never pulled a 5th wheel or anything else that big before. We arrived at the dealer that morning at 9:30 AM and we left at 4:30 PM.

Since we had driven 150 miles to the dealer and because they included 2 free nights at a local RV park; we stayed in the area for two nights in case anything came up.

We didn't find ANY issues at the PDI. Since the PDI we have found that we didn't get the owners manual for the DVD\CD player\Radio. This last weekend we noticed that one of the trim pieces on the underside of a kitchen cabinet is missing.

We are obviously very pleased with the Dealer and our Monty.

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote