View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 05:05 AM   #16
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
If you wander through the internet, you will find that Samsung has a major problem with ice makers, so bad with many of the ice maker/cold water version where the unit is in the top box, there is a class action starting. On the french door version, ice only, if it worked before and just quit, the fix is a new ice maker. There is a non replaceable sensor along with a dinky little motor that can fail - either of which will cause stoppage.

For that french door model, I found a replacement on eBay for about $85 but they can go up to about $150 at some sellers. I have ice again

Change out is easy for that french door model - remove the top freezer drawer, two screws and an electrical connector. There is a pretty good You Tube video to watch. Those screws - Phillips head and you need a good, not rounded off screw driver as they are tight (also "fun" to reinstall unless you have a an extra universal joint in your arm).

Replace the filter. press the required buttons including reset and you should get ice - 12 hours for more then a few cubes though you can feel ice cubes being formed.

Mentioning Samsung appliances sends a shiver up my back. That fridge and the crappy washer were well researched as the very best by various researchers - pure unadulterated junk, a brand that will never be seen again in my home when they have finally die (add the TV that died a month after the warranty ran out)
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote