View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 05:01 AM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Just remember that there is no domed antenna that will allow you to receive two different satellites at the same time. That means that whatever you are watching on one TV with a dual receiver will have to be watch on the other TV unless it is on the same satellite signal.

That is why many go to the two LNB horn antenna to get 110 and 119 from DISH network. A three horn LNB is required to pick up the additional 129 satellite.

Many people confuse Dual LNB output with a two LNB output. A dual LNB output can have one horn with two feeds coming out.

DISh has a receiver with dual satellite inputs VIP 722 (DVR) and 322 (no DVR) are the two that I have at the stick house. (television poor-trash) With this type of receiver you can feed two televisions, and with the proper antenna you can watch independent channels on each television. Also, they have an antenna input for the OTA signals coming off the batwing. You run the RF cable into the input on the receiver, scan for local channels using the satellite receiver menu, and it will find all the signals that the batwing can pick up. You can then use the "guide" button on the satellite receiver to choose and look at the local signals, along with guide information for digital channels.

Good luck.

Edited: p.s., I just pull the VIP-722 out of the stick house and take it with us. If I were going on shorter trips I'd look into the month-to-month use fee and separate receiver, but since we are on the road 2-3 months at a time I would just rather pull the one out of the house, along with blue ray, Mac mine, lap top, kindle, ipad. We are electronic poor. I take all that with me in case I need to trade for fuel.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote