View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
We have DISH network at home. Since you do also, check out dishformyrv.com.
They offer a monthly plan that you can start and stop any time you want for $35/mo. Or if you already have DISH at home, you can add the RV to your home account for $7/month. That is what we did.
Thru the site above, I ordered an additional receiver, tripod, dish, and installation kit (that includes cables, compass, & tuning meter). I did buy a better compass. Have used it twice so far and it worked great. I got the 1000.2 three LNB dish so that it receives all 3 of our satellites (110,119,129) at the same time without re-aiming. We get all the channels in the RV that we get at home. We have the 250 channel HD plan and some of the channels are on different satellites.
I found aiming the dish to be relatively easy.
One trip we were outside our home spot beam. I called DISH, told them where I was (Kerrville TX zip code), they reprogrammed our account to receive network channels from San Antonio, and we had those locals while we were there. Returned home, called them back, they reprogrammed us for our home channels (DFW).
By the way, HD is now free on DISH but they don't tell existing customers that (at least not us). Check your account to make sure you are not still paying for the free HD.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote