View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 09:42 PM   #19
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
I have 2 AGM batteries in my 2010 Mountaineer 326RLT. Last winter while plugged into 20Amp in storage I ran the furnace overnight prior to leaving for the South. I noticed the furnace fan would sometimes run slower and the lights would dim. We headed South, stayed for 4 months and had no problems. A couple months ago we took it out for a 4 day stay. The morning we were getting ready to return home I noticed the fridge light blinking and eventually went out. At that time other 12V lights were dimming. I checked the battery monitor and I only had 1/3rd. My batteries were 5 yrs old. We were in a hurry to leave and were only 1 mile from Interstate Battery so I replaced the batteries. We drove home, plugged it in at storrage to 20 amp. Two days later the batteries went from full to 2/3rds. I removed the converter and took it to my Montana Dealer and they showed me it was putting out 12.7V. I bought a new converter and plugged the old one back in. I had 12.7V behind the converter but only about 6V comming into the battery. I installeld the new converter and have about 13.2 V comming into the battery.

My converter is located behind the back wall of the garage on the door side, just ahead of the breaker panel. I first pulled the breaker panel since I didn't know where the converter was located but I later had to remove the garage panel to get to the screws holding it to the floor. It wasn't necessary to remove the braker panel. If you don't need it immediately, find the model # on yours and shop on Amazon. Much cheaper than the dealer.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote