View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 06:28 PM   #46
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSFORD99 View Post
This is 2019, not 1997. Yes the dodge trucks were notorious for bad transmissions, those days are gone . Remember the GM diesels, we could go on all day what use to be . Duramax is a great motor ,and proven ,just like the Cummins.
[QUOTE=PSFORD99;1166355]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post

I asked the question, its your turn to tell me WHY it isn't . Is there a reason why we cannot say its the best

Way too subjective. You're right, it isn't 1997. The big 3 have all stepped up their game to the point where it's a difficult contest. The best truck is the one that gets you there consistently and safely and has the features you prefer (and can afford).

It's like the old question, "Which is the best camera". And the answer is, "the one you have with you".

For 13 years I had a 2000 Ford diesel and I really liked it. Before that I had a 1996 Chevy diesel and I hated it (we all know why)...but that was then. Now I have a RAM and really like it. It does what I need it to do. It's also the one I have and I'm not looking to spend more $$$ to get another one. So for me, today, my RAM is the best truck.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote