View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 07:41 AM   #10
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
haw shucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by penra View Post
My new GMC 3500 HD Denali came with Michelin tires. A knowledgeable friend (transported trailers for a living) said they will wear out quickly and suggested Cooper Discovery ST's. Curious what people here like?
How many times have you been traveling down the highway and a pickup passes you and the tires sound like a airplane engine going by. Yep best tires on the market he will say. The factory spends tons of money doing research on the best tire for the purpose or vehicle at hand . They are not going to use a inferior tire that will wear prematurely or makes noise. It will make them look bad in the customers eyes. Michelin`s are top dog in the tire industry and are used by many if not most manufacturers. My new 350 Dually came with them and are very quit,. The last truck `06 came with them and I got 55,000 before changing to a cheaper tire Firestone truck tire and they where a lot noisier so learned my lesson. The guy that burns through tires because of the ridiculous amount of traveling he does isn`t going to buy an expensive tire. He well may get better mileage with his brand but it`s a harder rubber compound and noisier for sure. I`ll take the Michelin`s every time. YMMV
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote