View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 06:19 PM   #3
drog55chev
Established Member

M.O.C. #24480
I went from the factory tires to Coopers 5 years ago. Don't remember if they were the Discovery ST's though. I did get around 70000 miles out of them but I couldn't stand the howl that came out of them at 50MPH. Bothered me the whole time. I did like that they were made in the USA though.

I do like Michelin tires for cars but they don't really have a good tread pattern for mud and snow or off road. I've never run them on any truck but I probably wouldn't worry about the ones you currently have until they need replacing.

I recently changed my wheels and tires and went from the factory 17" rims on my 2008 GMC Sierra 3500HD to 20" rims. I changed tires to the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They are also made in the USA. Pretty quiet tire at all speeds and no howl but it still has a pretty aggressive tread. The load rating is better than the factory OEM tires. It's really hard to say what tire is the best. As far as I'm concerned if it has the load and speed rating you need and doesn't drive you crazy it's a good tire. Tires tend to wear out quicker on trailers than vehicles too especially if the trailer or wheel is out of alignment.
drog55chev is offline   Reply With Quote