Thread: allergy shots
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Joanie and Dave, The problem is one of liability. No other facility or Dr.'s office can ABSOLUTELY determine what is in your vial. I can see your Dr. showing you how to inject yourself while on the road, but not taking the serum into a strange office and asking them to inject you. Having spent 26 years as a medic, we never allowed this to happen. Even in the military, the immun techs had to mail your serum to your new base, they would not let youi take it with you for fear it may get changed. When I worked for a Dr in Alaska, we would phone a dr in the lower 48 and make arrangements to have patients get IV's while they were away from us. Keep in mind, these were IV's and NOT allergy injections. We did allow patients to take B12 and a few other injectables with them AFTER showing us they could inject themselves in our office. Trying to get your Dr. to let you take them with you would be the best way to do it, even then, they are risking liability in case something should happen. I am presently, and, constantly, under 3 Drs care and could not travel this summer and probably not for the next year or so. The bottom line is: It is what it is......Hope you can find a way to overcome this "Bump in the Road"..
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote