View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 07:18 PM   #33
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Don't take my following thoughts the wrong way as I've owned 3 different Montana's since 2000 with a mostly satisfied experience with an older model as well. The exterior walls are bonded layers of Luan (paneling) and (Fillon maybe .080" or less thick), not true fiberglass per say. As has been shown, there is a metal framework inside with 2 more layers of Luan paneling bonded on the inside. Back in the 06 timeframe, there were the Filon walls that you have with the fibers very visible and there was an option for high gloss walls basically produced with thicker gelcoat. No more evident than your "crack" is, I'd leave it alone save drilling the endpoints with a 1/8" drill bit. The Filon you have has lotsa fiber showing and a repair will be pretty evident as the repair area will not show the same fiber just under the surface. This is a 17 year old fiver that had the less than desirable decals that faded and curled early on. You can see the "ghosts" of the old decals in your example photo. They cannot be buffed out. You've admittedly stated 2 things ... there were lotsa undocumented surprises from the first owner and you're looking to sell in a few years. I'd not loose much more sleep over this "crack" ... keep it shined up to your satisfaction and let the next owner deal with whatever they feel necessary.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote