Thread: Why Montana?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 10:30 AM   #23
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarwin View Post
We looked at a Montana back in 2014 but were not ready to buy. Years later we rented RVs to try out and we knew we wanted a 1 1/2 bath unit. We first started looking at DRV and Landmark 365. I really liked DRV but the DW didn't like the price. We then found a Redwood 3901MB. I was taken in by the luxury but the DW still didn't like the price. She convinced me to go back and look at Montana. IMHO the Montana was more utilitarian. However, it won me over with the amount of storage. I didn't find another RV with more places to stick stuff than the 3931FB. What finally convinced me was a youtube video of a guy showing that the only difference in price is design and luxury addons. The frame, axles, HWH, HVAC, etc. were all off the shelf. That sold me on Montana. We were getting the most bang for our buck. I'm glad I did. We bought new and it took me about 18 mos. full timing to work out all the bugs. It became very livable and easy to use with the mods I installed. If I did all over again (now) the only other manufacturer I'd look at is Grand Design. However, I don't think they engineer storage as good as Montana does. This forum has also been a lifesaver. The people here are friendly and want to help. They've made FTing a lot easier. Just my $0.02 worth.

I had a friend who had a small RV dealership. He always said ‘campers are like people once you get get the skin off there isn’t much difference in them.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote