Thread: Back up camera
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 04:14 AM   #15
trfield58
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7109
Like richfaa, we use ours mostly as a rear view mirror when rolling down the road, however I do have my DW at the rear and am able to see her from camera as well as my truck mirrors when backing up. She tends to drift out of my truck mirrors because she forgets. With the camera, I can still see her. As far as installation, I removed the marker light on the top of the rig on the extreme left side (In line with the left tail light) I then drilled down through the plywood which gets you past the roof and into the cavity of the rear fiberglass cap. Removed the left tail light assembly and "fished" to the opening of tail light. Then drilled a hole (where the camera is to be mounted) and fished from that hole to the removed marker light. That gives you a complete path from the camera to the tail light. From the tail light, I went to the bottom of rig and zip tied the cable along the bottom. I then went into the left LP Gas compartment and from there to the front basement compartment along the top. From there I fished between the fiberglass skin out to the PIN Box where I installed the end of the "heavy duty trailer disconnect" end I purchased. This provides a large, coiled cabled that interfaces between the truck and coach. Looks kind of like what you see between a Semi truck and trailer..... I didn't take any pictures during my install but will take a few this weekend if you want???

Tim
trfield58 is offline   Reply With Quote