View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #34
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TAKPAK

Hi Greg. I personally would NOT recommend it. First, the truck washes are designed for....trucks. Trucks have a completely different type of paint on them, and few if any graphics. Also, trucks don't have canopies, awnings, etc, to tear off. And the soap can do "bad" things. Example; recently an employee of a local (unnamed)transit bus company decided to take his pickup through the truck/bus wash. It stripped most of his paint off, and then he was fired anyway for unauthorized use of the company wash. Those truck washes use some pretty harsh detergents. Now if the guy running the wash wants to HAND wash it.......but I doubt he'll do that for $35.00!!!!!! I'd hire the neighborhood teenager that needs some money for his new "smart phone"......!!!!!
Thanks Terry, good points... I wonder if they use any different materials for the RVs they do? Checked the price at CW and the cheapest there for just wash/dry of vertical surfaces is almost $140.00 - ouch! $3.49 per foot. Next level up which just adds windows and tire dressing is $8.95 a foot!
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote