View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 06:54 AM   #1
one_strange_texan
Established Member

M.O.C. #3989
The Montana survived Rita!

This is old news, since I have been off line for 3 weeks due to the evacuation and my computer being knocked off line.

Our Montana came in handy during the storm. We evacuated from Beaumont Thursday mid-day (the storm came in early Saturday morning) and it took us 36 hours to reach Dallas. That included an overnight stay at a truck lot in Lufkin (to get some rest after 17 hours of bumper-to-bumper traffic and to try to find more gas for the car we had along with us). We got the trailer last summer. I had only stayed in it at 5 spots up until Rita. I stayed in 5 spots during the days of the evacuation, including the aforementioned truck lot, a pasture in Buna on my way back, and my own driveway until we got power back. We brought back a Honda generator from my brother-in-law in Dallas, so we had most of the comforts of home. We came back the Monday after the storm - before Beaumont was officially reopened - since my wife is an RN and was needed back at the hospital.

The Montana survived really well. Don't leave home without one, especially for a hurricane evacuation!

The family is safe and the home sustained minimal damage.
one_strange_texan is offline   Reply With Quote