View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 03:36 AM   #1
mgdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3481
Monroe Retrofit Kit

The Monroe Retrofit Kit seems like the way to go for adding shocks on a Keystone Product that didn`t come with shocks. Has anyone here bought the kit and installed it?? Does the kit include the parts for both sides(Left side and right side) of the axle, I mean did you have to order 4 kits for 2 axles or 2 kits for 2 axles?? I called and e-mailed Monroe and I`m still waiting for a reply. Called the PPL RV in Texas that sells them online and since we all have 10" I-beam frames we need 2 different kits, and they want $66 and $23 for each kit plus the shocks which average $20 each. PPL didn`t know the answer and they sell them!!
At Canadian Tire in Canada they want $52 and $17 each and they didn`t know the answer either. So its much cheaper here, and I will get ahold of my favourite etrailer and see if they sell the kits. I am really enjoying this site as there is a world of info from each of you who respond. I`m definetly getting hooked and sometimes read it 2 times a days for new info, Thx to all who repond to all questions, that is what makes this site so great.
mgdg is offline   Reply With Quote