View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #23
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Mikellf ... although you stated and restated you pay nothing and are not beating the cymbals and drums about nitrogen filled tires ... you sure appear to promote it as being the next best thing to sliced bread. You're preaching to the crickets here as many of us have responded ... we just have not experienced the tire issues that nitrogen is stated to solve.
You or anyone can reference data and articles till the cows come home, but the fact remains ... plain ole air is 78.1% nitrogen which works well for the masses.
Few service stations or nitrogen filling center around here do any more than let what air will come out, replace the valve stem core, and pressure up the tire with nitrogen. Pulling a vacuum on a tire prior to nitrogen fill is pretty much non existent around here.
So you get an evacuated and nitrogen filled tire for free, but it's very likely out and about on the road ... you'll have to settle for plain ole air.
I'll agree that aircraft benefit from nitrogen filled tires, but none of my fivers have come with retractable landing gear or fold out wings. Loads of us have been in the mountains and frankly I'd guess but a handful have given pressure changes a thought.
Try cussing and discussing tire pressure monitor brands ... many of us will feel like we are really dissecting something with that subject.

PS ... a nitrogen fill here is @$30 per tire ... while responding to this thread, I've contacted none that do it for free.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote