View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #11
ronnilu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3933
Hi & welcome to the forum Dave. I almost feel like a newcomer myself. We were checking out all the info on this site for several months, but have been gone & on the road for awhile and this is the first chance I've had to come back and see what's new. We just got back from a 3 1/2 month trip to the East Coast in our new '06 3295RK. Put 11,000 miles on our truck but what a trip we had. I felt somewhat like you when we moved up to the longer & heavier unit, but after this trip I am totally happy with all aspects. Regarding your concern with the kitchen slider, we had/have a similar problem with it dragging and scuffing the carpet. Our dealer had to cut off some of the bottom trim but it is still dragging. Needless to say, as soon as we get it unloaded it is going back to the dealer for some warranty work - including the slider problem, a couple of leaks, etc.
We found the shower skylight a bit bright in the mornings, so I got a piece of 1/4 inch thick foam posterboard (WalMart), cut it to size and mounted it to the framework with window screen clips (they turn so you can remove the posterboard as needed. The nice thing about this posterboard is that the finish is plasticized and doesn't soak up any moisture from the shower. If necessary, wipe dry & you are done. Anyway, this is way too long but I know you will enjoy your new rig. (:
ronnilu is offline   Reply With Quote