View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 07:53 AM   #31
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
cAnt and WOn`t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirvin0500 View Post
My DW and I have owned Flagstaff 31RLSS for 15 years pulling it with our F150. It has been a great TT with very few problems. As we are very near retirement we decided to get a new truck and an RV to spend 2-3 months at a time on the road. I asked a very simple question hoping for honest answers concerning a TW (as I normally experience on these forums). Although I received some helpful honest answers, it seems I've received many demeaning, condescending, and patronizing responses. When someone asks an honest question, they don't expect to be put down by the very people they're asking help from.
No put down, but a basic and simple number comparison at the dealer that has the correct and factual tow ratings of any of the vehicles considered will tell you what you need not what you think you can get away with. But don`t talk minimums talk maximums as you will add lots of wieght and the times you have to travel with tanks full or paricialy full with a tank of water. It will happen. Better than some of the answers you will recieve on here like " I`ve been towing with that Ford Ranger for years with out a problem" Or I use the truck radials over the trailer specified ones without hitch" Opinions not facts. Yes they have gotten away with it , up to this point. You can purchase and push any vehicle past it`s design limits based on cost considerations and what you can talk your self into. Best one I`ve seen to date and I posted a pic somewhere on here is the guy on the ferry with us and others towing a 3 axle toy hauler that was obviously load for bear with a 250 gas short bed. Ask him "pulls real nice".... bull. It was drawing the back down something terrible, but he drove off the ferry and on down the road.
Again no put down, but I just a firm believer in this camping-towing game that if you want to play you have to pay.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote