Old 08-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #8
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by K0LCB

Humans are prone to mistakes. I even made one, once
Hi

These weren’t “mistakes” the black tank vent pipe had been cut to the proper length and then never installed. The pipe was lying on the floor behind the basement wall. The dealer would not be the one to install the black tank vent line.

As for the water fittings the dealer obviously didn’t have the basement wall out of the trailer or they would have corrected the vent item before I got the trailer.

Then I think the dealer started covering things up because they obviously did not do an inspection of the trailer when it was delivered to them. They definitely never did a PDI inspection and this being my first new trailer I only look at the items that were visible. The one thing Keystone does is an excellent job of making the unit "pretty" to bad that’s where it stops. Most of my problems were not visible to the eye without disassembling the trailer.

The first time we tried to use the trailer we didn’t stay overnight. When I hooked the water up water flooded the basement.

The next time we tried to use it we did stay overnight but when we tried to use the shower the enclose leak water so badly we went home early. When we got back to the dealer one of the technicians came to me and said that Keystone wouldn’t pay for sealing the shower because they had to remove the vanity. I had to tell him to caulk it on the inside not the outside. Then when he insisted he had to do both I showed him how to put a piece of hose on the caulking gun so he could do the seam between the vanity and the shower.

It goes downhill from there.

I did not do the repairs until after Keystone had refused to do them. I had communicated with them for 18 months trying to get the trailer repaired. When they refused to let me bring it to their facility so they could see what the problems were then I bit the bullet and stated looking for a repair facility to do the work.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote