View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #32
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
We moved our last load to the house March 22nd in a 12" snow and got stuck with 4 wheel drive low pulling the Uhaul. Slid down the drive backward with the Uhaul hanging over a slight embankment. Changed my you know whats. this was about 1:00 am after driving all day from Texas. back at it in the morning. Couldn't get unstuck with two trucks in 4 wheel drive, had to use chain and a come along. Needed both trucks in 4 wheel drive low with the lead truck having chains on the front to get up the hill. The 4 wheel drive went out of mine as we got to the top of the hill. After unloading, I couldn't even get the truck turned around with the Uhaul because I needed 4 wheel drive and chains on the front. Fortunately this is the last time I have to haul a Uhaul up that drive in the snow. This is an extreme case, but all of our vehicles have four wheel drive and will have chains as well. We're on private roads and they don't plow unless its more than a 6" snow. It is now mid April and they got 16" yesterday with another 18" coming by tomorrow night. I think I can safely say I "need" 4 wheel drive. But I also use it when I'm towing on wet roads, grass, loose material, etc. by the way, it was almost 90 degrees today in Texas. Ten days till the great migration to the north.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote