View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 05:26 AM   #17
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
Oh why did you drudge up bad memories of "making the switch to HD" with direct TV. All of your comments pale to the nightmare I endured last year, but after the investors and presidents office got wind, my next installer was the company owner and finally fixed the problem.

As for your box resetting, this was our first set of problems. After the 4th box, they decided it must be something else. Turned out the dish was pointing right at a tree and they relocated and it has worked perfect ever since. I know this does not help with a mobile setup but I bet it has to do with the HD satellite setup instead. Good luck and I feel your pain.

One of the posters mentioned getting the local weather wherever they are. I found that if you go to the standard definition (SD) channel of the weather channel, you can push the red button on the remote and enter the zip code. Now you have local weather, radar and other things. I use this every stop. Last week we found ourselves in a severe weather situation, went to that channel, went to local radar and watched the storm live as it passed just north of us.
sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote