View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 08:33 AM   #36
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
Went from a 3790RD to a 3120RL, big difference in length from almost 43 ft to 35ft. Always had all the heavy stuff like tools, bbq, spare parts, fold out tables, spare Def for the truck, awning shade covers etc in the rear storage areas of the 3790. Carried the lighter aluminum lawn chairs our folding electric bikes and related up in the front storage. Towed great and put thousands of miles on it. We had to downsize all the tools carried, spare parts, number of folding tables and generally alot of the things we normally carried with us in the 3790RD. We used the trailer about 10 months of the year and lived in it in Florida for 5months in winter so it was great to be able to carry everything we thought we'd need and did at some point use. We bought a park model so we downsized to the 3120RL and the only real storage is in the front end. Strategically cutting back on what we carry and putting a bike rack on the rear where the electric bikes now ride has allowed us to still carry quite a bit. Honestly due to the length differences I don't feel any real difference on the pin of the truck while driving it but I do feel a huge difference in turning radius on corners and getting into tight spaces. The 3120 is a nice trailer, storage area is large, how you store & pack will affect the pin weight. I will say we don't carry near as many cloth's etc now either which can add up. Also there is quite a lot of storage space inside the 3120 mid cabin and in the rear behind the wheels. We've put some of the heavier stuff back there and the truck really doesn't even know its on the back of it. 2017 SRW Denali 3500 diesel but then again it towed the 3790Rd without issue as well but I knew it was back there. Not so much anymore with this much smaller trailer.
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote