View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 08:30 AM   #1
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
LP Frunace question

Hi Guys,

Update. 1/21/14
Service tech came out, tried new board. No change. He ordered a igniter. I called, asked he come back out and check pressures. It is late afternoon, 80 degrees, furnace works perfect. Ck pressure, 8.5 WC. Should be 11 WC. Adjust regulator, maxed out 10.5 WC. Furnace is working. Tech leaves. This morning is 55 degrees, no work. Has got to be pressure related? Ordered a test gauge.
================================================== ==========
Problem, furnace will not lite. Thermostat will cause furnace to blow, will not lite and then in about a minute it will time out and shut off. Same thing on both tanks, both tanks have LP in them.

So this morning, it stopped raining and I pulled the outside furnace cover off. The LED that is supposed to either be on or blinking if it sees a fault is off. Thinking nothing is wrong.

OK, turn furnace power switch off and back on. (to reset the board??) Switch over regulator is on right tank and is showing green. I remove tank, it is heavy, so yes it has LP in it. Furnace will not light, just blow. No fault codes. Manually turn supply onto left tank. Furnace lights as normal.

OK. Furnace works on left tank, not on right. Remove right tank, remove pigtail, pigtail will allow flow. Remove 30psi regulator on feed from right tank. About 2 tbls of clear, odor free oil runs out of regulator.

The changeover regulator is a Fairview GR-9984. The left tank is connected directly to this regulator, while the right tank is first feed into a Fairview GR-630 regulator which drops the outlet pressure to 30psi into the other side of the changeover regulator.

I remove/bypass the GR-630 regulator and supply tank pressure to right side of changeover regulator. Furnace works.

So the question. Why is there a 30psi regulator on the curb side tank? My last 5th wheel had both tanks in the same compartment and both tanks connected directly to the changeover regulator.

Not sure I have this thing figured out yet, it has been working with the GR-630 regulator in place, the red/green display has been working, perhaps the oil in the regulator??? but with 150psi of input LP pressure you would have thought that would have blown the oil thru it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
OK, now it will not work on either tank. Perhaps the oil from the right tank has screwed up the regulator? Calling service guy.

Going to be cold for a few more days, we'll see.

Jim

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote