View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 05:52 AM   #43
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

PhilP.. a 20K repair bill would put us out of Rv'ing. Our Selling dealer has always done a good job and keystone and our dealer have never lied to us.
The major hold up was getting the two tanks and other items from the vendors on this 2013 who were less than 200 Miles from our dealer . When we had tanks replaced at D&T Repair in Goshen we just drove over to the tank vendor a picked two tanks up.

Keystone or dealers have not been our problem.Poor build quality and defective vendor provided products have been. Four tank failures in this 2013 in less than one year suggest defective vendor provided tanks, or improper design and installation.
Rich I was truly great-full for your last statement. Vendors and components are a serious problem. I met a man with a Newel 45 coach. He spent in excess of 1 Million dollars. I was shocked ( did not tell him ) to see how many of the same components our two rigs shared! From Skylights to plumbing. He lamented about time coach was in the shop for component failure! . I agree with you that Thor could/should demand better from the vendors! Workmanship is another thing all together. Your last few statements, especially the one about using RV to the fullest, and doubting any other RV in this price range would be in better, is an honest evaluation. I appreciate your candor and willingness to share on this subject!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote