View Single Post
Old 06-13-2003, 03:58 PM   #1
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Did a walk through on the new trailer today

We ordered a 3295RK Montana and it is in. So, today was the "walk through". We went prepared with a list of items to check and a few years of trailering experience to guide us, which consists of just a "few" hours of living in our old unit (serious case of tongue in cheek here

So, first of all, we are really happy with the floor plan, it is soooooo wonderful, comfy, roomy, airy, just over all great.We found a few things wrong, like a broken piece of molding, a piece of molding that was not stapled into the corner, carpeting needing some tacking, some goooeeeeey stuff in a couple of places. The cabinetry is wonderful, of all those doors and drawers we only found one that was not aligned properly. The electrical, the tv hookups, the water system worked and we did not find any leaks. Furnace and air conditioner work, we were really impressed with the air. The slides worked wonderful, this is our first unit with slides, but they worked FAB!!! The outside was really good, one small scratch, and one small booboo on the decals.

However, we did not expect to find the following:
1.) one tire with what we believe is a bulge on the inside of the tire, Yeap, Al climbed under the trailer and looked at everything.
2.) we had them install a Max Aire fan, when he went up on roof to inspect found that the shroud was not secure, the nuts, etc, were only hand tightened, and the roof was covered with black greasy foot prints (this was a dealer installed option, so in reality does not relate to this forum, but does relate to our extended frustration level).
3.) I had NO drapes installed, no tie backs installed, only the covered valances and day night shades. Over 75 % of the day night shades were installed crooked in some manner. Now, if you don't have the drapes to hide that kind of installation boo boo, it shows up like a bad hard slap in the face when you pull those dark night shades down.
4.) The worst, and the most worriesome to us is that at least 4 of the windows do not function properly. Several others do not work the way I would like them too. Following are the 4 worst:
a.) One window in the kitchen area they tighted the screws down too tight and bent the shroud and the window will not open all the way.
b. and c.) BOTH of the small bedroom windows beside the bed only open about 3 inches. There is a huge glob of caulk about half way up on the inside of the windows that prevents the window from going higher.
d.) again, the worst for last, the window behind the couch is all messed up. The turn handle touches the shroud. When you get the window open you can close it again, it does not close all the way, you have to push it shut from the outside. Then you can still pull it open very easily from the outside.

I guess my questions are:
1.)Should the bedroom windows open more than 3 inches??
2.)Have any of you had the same problems with windows and shades, any of these problems??

Needless to say, the unit is still at the dealer, and the check is in my hands.

I also have a question that is not related to problems as such, but for the gals. WHAT DO you put on that lazy suzan under the sink??? Does the stuff stay on after a bumpy day on the hard road?? Or, did you just take the thing out???

Thanks for any input or feedback .Sorry for length of this post.

Carol and Al

Al & Carol Stevens Tipton, Mi.
Retired - Traveling with 4 Yorkies
3295RK on order
2003 GMC 3500 Allison/8.1
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote