View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 05:23 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, it was a fun ride! We have been buffeted in this Montana by strong winds before. We've been rocked, rolled, and slightly lifted. But this is the very first time either of us has experienced the floor of our Montana vibrating. Not typical wind rippling but vibration at a frequency of maybe ten to fifteen per second. We looked at each other and neither of us were very amused. But that part only lasted a few seconds.

We didn't have any damage and as far as I know nobody in the park had damage. There were a couple of good-sized tree branches down. We had one immediately behind us a few feet but it wasn't very big. Maybe two inches in diameter and eight or ten feet long, plus smaller branches. There are tons of twigs and small branches on the ground on all the sites and on the street. But no real damage anywhere in the park.

These were straight winds. The tornado sightings were well west of us, thirty miles or so, and they were very minor. Depending on which station you listen to, we had straight winds from 60 to 90 mph. I know the trees behind us were bending over a bunch.

I got the awning in in with a minute or two to spare!

Bill Hill. I can relate. Been there but I threw a robe on before I went out in the wind and rain that time. Vicki and I both were out there on that one.

The lightning was beautiful, as always, although we only saw it from a window.

Now, after all that, we had a nice, somewhat surprise, visit tonight from Tom and Betty, LightningJack, who are overnighting here on their way back to Florida. That's tonight. They missed out on the storms here last night but had their own in Kansas last night. We really enjoyed our short visit with these very nice folks.

Awaywego, come on up. The storms are over!

Ron and Terrie, if you go through the Kansas City area and have time to stop overnight, for lunch/dinner, or coffee, be sure to let us know. If you need to book on through, we understand that, too.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote