View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 06:49 PM   #38
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
We have Splendide 2100XC which is the combo washer/dryer. We have had it in both Montana's since 2006. We are long timers so it gets a lot of use. It can not be compared with a S&B unit but it is way better than laundromats. We have had one problem in 19 years. Learn to control the load size and they do not come out super wrinkled.Properly installed the shaking can be minimized .We never had anything in the cupboards shift. It can take all day to do 3 loads but it is not very labor intensive to load the unit spin a dial push a button and and let it do its thing.

When in our winter residence in Florida we do use the laundry room for large loads or bulky items. We use the on board unit 2 or 3 times a week and it takes maybe 15 mins of my valuable retired time. The laundry room uses large commercial units wash time 30 mins and dry time 70 mins. We did not have one in our first Montana and after first long trip we spent a lot of time laundromats and spent a lot of $$ in machines . We had one installed when we returned. Everyone has their own choice.
Very similar here. I still work and in an office so we have my work clothes dry cleaned usually. Wife uses Splendid onboard for smaller stuff and occasionally visits the commercial machines in the park we are at (which are very nice, clean and safe) when we get behind or have larger items.

We have been very pleased with the Splendid combo as it does an excellent job and is actually less labor intensive. It also takes up less than 1/2 the space of the typical stacked apartment machines so yeah it's ideal for an RV. Not to mention the electrical power requirements match what you need for an RV.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote