Thread: Retirement
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 05:29 AM   #25
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
I've been retired from the Dept. of Defense for 3.5 years now, and I tell all my friends that are still working (Usually the ones that took on a new 30 year mortgage at age 50) that retirement is not for sissies!
I have been way more busy since I retired. The difference is though, it's MY busy, on MY clock and schedule. Those retirees that get "bored" need to seriously get a life, get hobbies and get passions in their life. I STILL have many projects undone because I run out of time every day. I have WAY to many hobbies and passions. I am 60 years old and just went back to snow skiing when I retired. 55 times on the mountain last year! I do 100 mile bicycle rides every summer, I love helping out neighbors and I do all the cooking in our home (My wife especially likes that part). One of my retirement goals was to learn music, so I have been in lessons for 2 years now. Last week I returned from my first overseas trip ever, to London. When I can squeak in the time, I even manage sometimes to hit the road with my Montana!
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote