Thread: Toilet Valve
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 07:05 AM   #13
2Wanderers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9998
I had several (more than one is way too many) nighttime floodings of the toilet room/bedroom/basement. We got so every time we left the trailer we shut off the water. We had already replaced the original toilet with an identical unit as the valve assembly was not readily available. Since then many people have posted this recurring problem. Even with a new identical replacement, within a year we had the same problem. We have purchased and replaced several valve assemblies in the replacement toilet. That only seemed to be a temporary fix.

Finally gave up this Fall and ordered the Dometic 310 with hand sprayer for the same price as the previous replacement toilet. Didn't buy the Dometic 320 as it would not have fit in the tight confines of the toilet room. One new piece of hardware I came across at Home Depot was a flexible reinforced water line that ran from the old PEX piping to the toilet and had a Sharksbite type valve on the end where I could shut the toilet off in the future if required. Interesting in that the proper fitting for the toilet was a lavatory type female. The first flexible line I bought was for a toilet and the fitting on its end would not work.

We have also learned to carry key replacement parts in advance of the various problems. Whether it is the toilet valve, the red propane valve, or any of the other not too expensive parts mentioned in the forum, they are all needed immediately and very hard to find when you are out on the road.