View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #6
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
I spent three winters living in a TT at a campground. Although I did get a big propane tank from the local dealer, I also ran two ceramic heaters, running the furnace only when necessary (and I still went through quite a bit!), and heat taped the water and sewer hoses. Never added heat pads to the holding tanks (they were way expensive back then), but I did make some skirting to shelter the underbelly. Once some snow came, I piled it up alongside to increase the blockage. (Had to make that 'temporary' to satisfy the CG owners.) Today and for a 5er, if you don't want to add heating pads to your holding tanks (not really that hard, but time consuming), you can figure out how to block everything off even if only with temporary skirting and put a couple of incandescent trouble lights under where the tanks are - especially the black one. Adding another to your basement area will also help. One thing some don't think about is those insulated pillows to stick in any vent you've got - including the Fantastic Fan. Those holes are tremendous heat vents even when they're closed.