View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Congrats Artemus! it will be comforting to have the extra 'horsepower', have fun monitoring them and enjoying them.
You don't have to worry about running them down overnight now with that energy-hog furnace blower motor.
Hi Joe in Texas
Keep in mind that all 6 volt 'Golf Cart' batteries are not alike, the newer Sam's Club batteries are much less 'powerful', a way to put it..
At least the Sam's club close to our Casa. They are the same size, but not the same amp hrs as the old ones we all were comfy with. I liked Sam's club because they are everywhere you go, so warrantee issues would be simplified. But, because they don't have the 225 AH batteries, (a minimum I would say) My suggestion is to go to town and find a battery company and have a nice talk with them, what fits your space available is a big part of it, what you feel comfortable lifting in and out of the compartment is another factor. I was able to get 240 AH from a local battery company. Same size, I guess heavier plates.
Good luck and do your homework.
A great read is 'The 12 volt side of Life' both chapters one and two. Google them and study up.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote