Thread: electrical? ??
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #11
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Okay, I DO NOT have a disconnect switch. I have a blade style disconnect I installed for the batteries and use this to completely isolate the battery from the rig. When connected to shore power, I can use 12v and 110v stuff like fridge, all interior lights, slide outs, landing gear, etc.

However, when disconnecting the shore power all interior 12v stuff no longer works (can't run the fridge with propane, slideouts don't work, no interior lights, etc). The rig exterior lights and brakes work but I think that comes from the TV. This used to work. The solo 12v battery is GOOD! That was the first thing I checked. Since the converter is working, that is I get 12v when it is on from the shore power, I don't know what else to look for.

To simplify, I am plugged into shore power and with other 12v lighting turned on and the fridge on Auto currently running on AC and the propane turned on, when I unplug the shore power, the whole interior goes dark and the fridge turns off (does not switch to propane). No 12v, and if the slides are out, then don't move AT ALL, I must plug back into shore power to retract the slides. I haven't checked the status of the propane detector (hardwired to the battery) and didn't test the landing legs specifically, but this USED to work, when unplugging, the fridge would switch to propane and I could still operate the slideouts.

Does anyone have any ideas? To get more visibility maybe I should have created this in its own topic, but the problems seems related to this.

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote