View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 07:11 AM   #8
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Mine has electric Lippert Jacks, not hydraulic. I've attempted to lift the camper by the backs and they do not have enough power or torque to do so. They level great, but they do not lift the tires off the ground. I had new tires installed once and I really didn't like the pain I went through to figure out how to safely lift the trailer and absolutely would not let the tire place do it hap-hazardly. They finally put hydraulic floor jacks in the right place on the frame, after stacking a mountain of lumber under the jacks so it would actually raise the camper high enough.

A couple years later I skidded a tire and tore the side wall. I needed a slick way for a different tire company to easily change the tire. I wasn't leaving it up to them to figure it out again. It took a couple days of trial and error, and cutting and fitting, but I finally ended up with this (below). Granted I can only lift one tire at a time, but at least it's very, very safe and will not hurt the camper, the frame, or the tires.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote