View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 12:13 PM   #10
troutbum53
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14437
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hooker

troutbum53...here's a suggestion for you. Add the weight of everything in your truck...you, passenger(s), hitch, tools, coolers, extra fuel (if you carry any), cargo, and anything else you carry. Add that total to your PW of 3,180. Then look at the Tire and Loading Information sticker on the driver's side door pillar and find the maximum cargo allowable for that truck. Compare that number with the total above.
Hooker, I am running Michelin LT 265/75R16 load range E, rated for 3415# (single), as stated when I weighed my outfit it was loaded and ready to camp, (except my wife), I am not allowed to list her weight seperately....lol...but she does not add too much to the total, my truck empty was 7700, (I added my bride in to that number...lol)....GVWR is 9200#, so I am at 10,180# truck wgt.( with the pin added) , my tires add 800# to the 9200# cap. (I think)....I also added a spring that made a big difference with the truck....I know that doesn't change the numbers tho, but I do think the tires make a difference...I may be wrong tho.....never the less, this is what I got to roll with for the time being.
troutbum53 is offline   Reply With Quote