View Single Post
Old 07-31-2022, 09:54 AM   #8
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
I did some reading and the basic rule is check your pressure just prior to leaving. Tires lose or gain 1 PSI for every 10℉ change in temperature.SO important to have a TPMS.

The typical tire should run about 158 degrees once you get going down the road, but this can vary greatly depending on the weight of the trailer, how fast you're traveling, and also driving habits. So while 158 is probably "normal", it isn't really a standard to try to stay at.

Most experts consider 195 degrees Fahrenheit as the “line in the sand” when it comes to tire temperature: Beyond that point, the temperature will start impacting tire life. At 250 degrees, a tire will start to lose structural strength, could begin experiencing tread reversion and the tire will begin to lose strength.

So I guess if it's 32 out you would set your tire pressure at 110. I wouldn't think that you'd be traveling far enough in one day to hit 100 temperatures. But if you did that would only be a 7 pound increase at which time you could pull over and let some pressure out.

Thank you google!