Thread: Leaking Toilet
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Had mine leak at the water in connection as well. The rubber seal inside the connecter that is attached to the pex tube is so-so in quality. I also had my Tetford toilet go wacky at a campground while we were away from the monty. This let many gallons of fresh water into the rv when the toilet overflowed continually. Had water coming out of the bottom when campground management shut off water for us...they left us a note which told us what to expect when we went inside later that day. Can you say totally wet carpet in the bedroom? Sure you can. Replaced the toilet with a better one, replaced the water regulator outside on the spiqot...and cut off the fitting on the pex tube and replaced it with a higher quality brass and plastic nut one that used a better rubber seal inside it. Now no water drips, waterfalls, etc. BUT I do turn off the water outside to the monty whenever we leave it to go anywhere now! John