Thread: Dinette Change?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #7
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Tammy,

Bernie is going to kill me for this, but we had a booth dinette in the Class A and what I really liked about it is that rather than a "lift top" seat it had a long tray-like drawer in each of the benches that slid out from the end. Nice thing about that is that I didn't have to move the table top, take off the bench cushion, lift the top, get what I wanted, put the top down, replace the bench cushion, and put the table top back. (Okay, I am intrinsically lazy!) Lost a bit of "usable" storage space the trade off for convenience was worth it! (At one point I briefly contemplated converting the benches to lift tops only (Oh yeah, the bench tops did lift as well.), but the convenienced won out. (Dear Bernie, emails to Doug has no effect on my coming up with ideas and sharing them...I chewed through my chain YEARS ago and Doug is afraid of my iron frying pan! )

ANYWAY just some input/thoughts from personal experience! I used the drawers for pot and pan storage. (Heavy things down low so they don't pop me on the head when I open a cabinet door.)

On the same RV behind the couch was a "shelf" with a piano hinged lid. This space was perfect for flat storage items like folding chairs and tables (like t.v. trays) and even pillows/blankets (in vacuum bags) for the fold out bed. If we had any benches in the dinette (we opted for the table and chairs) I'd probably look to do something similar in the back of the benches (presuming they were "boxed" out)...are you feeling the love Bernie!!??

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote