View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 08:23 AM   #2
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzbaker54 View Post
I’m about to purchase a 2022 F350 SRW short bed to pull my new 2021 3121RL.
First time RVer. The RV dealer ( family owned/operated dealer ) mentioned to me that with the curved corners on my trailer, I probably wouldn’t need a slider hitch. He said I shouldn’t ever be needing to do a 90 degree turn and that this Montana should be able to be turned safely without a slider hitch despite the short bed.
Thoughts?
This should be a fun thread.

I agree , although I have towed now for several years with the Andersen hitch. Two different fifth wheels ,two different short bed trucks . Previous truck was the Ford Superduty 350 short bed , towed several years with an older Montana fifth wheel, not nearly the rounded front corners of the new ones, no issues , although at that time had a manual slider that I never used the slider.

Present truck Ram 3500 short bed , have towed the Montana ,and SOB with a much more rounded front corner ,both with the Andersen without issue. Ram trucks has the shortest of the three short beds , Ford being the longest . Anyway good luck with your choice .

My son also has a 2022 Ford Superduty 350 short bed diesel on order , I will also guide him into a Andersen. If I had any concern whatsoever I would not , last thing I want him to do is damage a new truck or fifth wheel .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote