View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 06:53 PM   #6
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
So, our dealer, Camping World of Northern Michigan called us back after sending me pictures of the problem and now I fully understand the situation. The "corrosion" he described was really overheated copper wire turned blue with oxidation. I suspect shake, rattle and roll contributed to a loose connection which of course built resistance and heat. It overheated the termination point and that why the furnace had no power. The 12 v portion of the panel has been discontinued they tell me. After looking at the pics, I observed an empty circuit to the far right of the panel. I have asked them to move the furnace to that empty circuit. If they won't do that, I will do it myself or run an inline fuse separately. I know CW has gotten a bad rep with a lot of people, but CWNM has done right by us so far and on previous occasions we have taken her in. They looked at it a full week ahead of my appointment and have been very good, as I said, so far. I told them if they agreed to fix as I asked, go ahead and fix my water heater element(in my mind, as a reward for good service). I appreciate the responses, especially with part links. Makes me miss the forum. I've been away to long and gotten lazy on FB. Using a phone to access it is a major PIA though(no pc here). Because of that, I'm not sure how to post pics here anymore. I did put some on my FB Keystone Montana group post earlier if interested in looking. Thanks again group!
bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote