View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 10:28 AM   #22
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwtezrdr View Post
We pretty much have to have a toyhauler not ready to give up on the toys just yet. Our big thing is we will move again in couple years so price is a big selling point for us, we may hold off on new house for awhile just so we don’t have to worry about 2 different places which is our issue when we leave for summers now. I know there will be maintenance just like a house but you expect it to last longer than it takes to drive off the lot.
Hope I don’t get in trouble for mentioning other brands on here but it is very pertinent to this conversation!! Forgive me oh lords of the forum police!!

You won’t find a less expensive unit in the 380/381 floor plan than the Montana. Build quality is comparable to Forest River but a little lower than the much more expensive Grand Design (which has been bought out so build quality will now be questionable). New Horizons is in an entirely different league both in build quality, price plus at this point to get this floor plan from them it is a custom build $$$.

The biggest advantage to the 380/381 is the garage is longer than any of the competitors. If your hauling longer toys like kayaks, jet skis or side by sides it is the ONLY unit where they will fit (save a custom build of course).

With reasonable care you should get over 15 years of service from the Montana before you start to see serious deterioration and I’m sure there are units out there more than twice that old. Like ANY RV they don’t last forever and anyone buying one should have some good mechanical knowledge and expect occasional issues
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote