Thread: Trailer Weight?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 09:38 AM   #4
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mobrownies

Looks like you are well under GVWR (11,240 vs 13,855) and your trailer is probably 13,500 or so. Don't forget to check the GCWR for truck and trailer. Did you weigh your truck and trailer empty to know how much weight you have added?
mobrownies, I checked the tow ratings for my truck and the GCWR is 23,500lbs, so I'm about 1,020 lbs under. I never got a chance to weigh either unit empty (moved everything from a old 5th wheel to the new one when i purchased the new one)...but at least I know I have up to about 1,000lbs left if I ever wanted to push the limit ...and I doubt if I will, but it does help to know I can carry a few more passengers if I like to (very seldom), and some other stuff (like a built in generator i plan to have installed). I guess it's a good thing to decide (pick and choose) on what options you plan to get on your trailer before the weight starts adding up fast . It would also be nice to know how much a particular unit weighs that would have ALL the options (not just prepped) that Keystone offers installed. I would say it would/could be maxed out once you start loading your necessities if you full-time. Thanks for your response! Allison

2006 Montana 3500RL, New Cap Design, MorRyde Suspension, W/D, 2nd A/C, Fantastic Fans, MaxxAir, Fireplace, RotoChocks, Slide Awnings. 2005 Ford F350 Lariat LE, PSD 4x4 Dually, Long Bed, C-Betr Mirrors, Vortex Spray-In Liner, Access Tonneau Cover, Remote Starter, LED Running Board Lights
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote