View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #11
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
The ash borers have been a problem here, we have been under a quarantine for quite a few years. We have discussed this before. Many of the state campgrounds have signs up (well, had signs up, since we have been basically grounded since December 08, I have not been in any state campgrounds in Michigan in a while), the signs said, if you bring it in, BURN IT HERE.

So, they have had the rules about not moving fire wood for several years, the ash borer was only down here in the southern counties of Michigan, we were the first to be quarantined. I obeyed the rules, many did not, next I heard, the Ludington area, the trees were decimated. Then they took all your firewood as you went cross the Mackinaw Bridge, I'll just bet that did not stop it either.

I remember a few discussions here at the MOC when I was pretty much chastised, cause I reported the quarantine. Few wanted to believe or accept that the state really did not want us moving this wood around. Heavens, they would not let us move living trees for nursery stock either.

I don't mind the quarantine, means I don't have to load up all that wood and cart it around, being basically lazy, it works for me.

What I mind is attitudes like being reported here, NO wood, not even wood approved by the state.

BLAHHH

KKKKK, I'll go away now.

We are the MOC, we will find a method around this, we will HAVE fun and not let the powers that be take us down, RIGHT!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote