View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 11:20 AM   #8
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Over the weekend, I decided we were going to use the water pump by filling the tank with softened water. I used several tablespoons of Calgon and filled the tank. We had great water for cleaning. We didn't use it for drinking or cooking. We never do.

However, everytime that pump would kick in. it sound like somebody was using a jack-hammer under the shower stall. Gail laid down the law and said she was NOT going to put up with that!

So, I proceeded to make my way to the basement to investigate. I had to remove a wall to get there. When I found it, I hollered at her and asked her to turn on a faucet. What I discovered was, that it was the line itself laying on the plywood floor that was making all the noise. I wrapped some paper towels around it which is the next best thing since......... duct tape and made it really quiet. So, this next week, I'm going to Lowe's to pick up some foam pipe insulators and make another trip under there and finish the job right.

Another thing I also done, was to loosen the screws to the grommets that hold the motor to the floor. Backing the heads off a little reduced the vibration noise thru the floor.

I have decided that I would still like to hear a humming noise when the pump runs so that if it starts and we are not using any water, I've got a problem that I need to look for.

Dale
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote