View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 06:23 AM   #131
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
WT is correct in what ole Rich said.We researched the truck spec's and Camper specs and came to the conclusion that if we were to purchase one of the larger Montanas or other brand we would need the 1 ton Dually.That was our conclusion and has nothing at all to do with anyone elses conclusions. We also stated that IF we had a smaller truck we would have a smaller camper. We stand by "our" conclusions as each of you will stand by yours.It is my opinion that the Rv and Truck manufactures do cover their butt in their stated spec's and their legal staff feels confident that they will be Ok in court should the case arise.So my, perhaps twisted logic, is..if the manufactures feel their stated spec's will cover their butt then I fell that staying within them covers mine. If the manufacturer says I can drill a hole or pull a trailer and states size of hole and where I can drill the hole and what kind and weight of trailer I can pull..I will do it. Just for the record I would love to be able to pull my Honda Civic behind the 3400 when we go south and I did research the issue sand asked the questions..and I have seen folks and talked to folks pulling that and larger behind their 5th wheels and all of them said..."been doing it for XXXX amount of time and never had a problem". Having had perhaps way to much exposer to the legal system and how it works in my previous life We are highly trained it covering ones butt.Just my opinion and observations.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote