Thread: Service
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 09:45 AM   #20
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by timandsusan View Post
My first place is the RV Park where I am staying or will stop in that day. I have found the mobile RV techs that I used in Santa Fe, NM, San Antonio, Tx, and Durango, Co to very skilled and have great knowledge. OK--you will probably pay a minimum service charge--$150 + actual work. I find that is better than waiting several weeks for the service department in a RV dealer to be available. The tech I use in San Antonio also works closely with Ancira RV dealership fixing new rigs that breakdown in the area campgrounds.
Totally agree with this. The mobile techs are almost always the better option. Particularly since you can stay in a campground while they work on the rig. Good for all but the most extreme repairs. And if you have to visit a shop I still say the service ONLY shops will almost always be way faster and better than a sales dealerships service department. The service shops business model is built on getting them repaired as fast as possible and right the first time. Sales dealers make their money by getting new units off the lot and hope to never see them again.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote