Thread: Pulling doubles
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 04:10 PM   #29
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JandC

Phil P, I have provided my opinion based on some hands on experience.
You are the one that keeps bringing up the Commercial vehicle.

Nowhere in my post did I ever say anything about hours of duty or just about anything you put in your last post.

The RV owned or leased by the drive and used only for his personal use is not a Commercial Vehicle and is not eligible for any type of over weigh or over sizes permit under the Federal DOT regulations. The permitting process is for Commercial Vehicles only.

I was very clear that the personal vehicle is subject to the weight, length and width regulations if you say they are not then that indicates you believe we can transport our Montana’s on the Interstate system at any weigh, length, or height. Any intelligent person understands this is not the case.

Also the overweight permits for motor vehicle issued on the sate level are not valid on the interstate system and that is so stated on the permit. If they were Hershey Chocolate would not be spending thousands of dollars trying to get the Federal DOT to increase the maximum weight for their 18 wheelers to 88,000 lbs. Over height permits are not available for the Interstate system.

You keep beating your chest about your experience and training.

My experience spans 50 years in the transport of very large over size loads 40 ft wide 70 ft long and in some cases 25 ft high. The furthest we ever moved one was 110 miles. We sold this business to LaPlant-Adair a few years back.

The personal use vehicle is not exempt from all the Federal regulations just some of them.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote