Thread: Bedroom AC
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 09:46 AM   #1
Jeff53
Established Member

M.O.C. #28682
Bedroom AC

Greetings. Our new-to-us 2009 Montana 3000RK came with only the main AC unit. We think we'll probably need to add a 2nd AC in the bedroom for travel to hotter areas. I'm not concerned with connecting it into the ducting or using the Zone 2 portion of the thermostat. I'm fine with just installing and manually controlling the unit. The trailer came from the factory with wiring and frame for the 2nd AC. My main question is BTUs. I've been looking at the RecPro unit made by Houghton that is 9500 BTU. It's gotten good reviews for being quieter than the Dometic or Coleman units. For those that have the 2nd AC, is 9500 BTU enough to keep things cool in the bedroom? The 13,500 BTU unit is about $500 more and I'm not sure it's necessary. I'm assuming the 15K main unit will keep the rest of the trailer cool enough. Also, with those that have the 3000RK with just the main AC unit, does it do a good enough job keeping the whole trailer cool in hotter climates or do I really need the 2nd unit for that? Thanks.
Jeff53 is offline   Reply With Quote