View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #61
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Just a observation,I have been handling firearms since I was 14 and that would be 62 years ago.In NW PA guns were everywhere. There was always a firearm in our home.We used them for hunting, turkey shoots, sport shooting.Carried a 22 revolver when checking our trap lines.We never thought about carrying one for self defense or personal protection...never.It was not a issue.Only is the last 20 years or so and more so in the last 10 years or so has the self defense, personal protection issue come up. I still have a problem convincing myself I need to carry a firearm even though I have the CC permit. I do see society as more violent because the media tells me so every day.Then we have tragedies like the last few days and the media just can't let it go. Knowing that there are mental cases out there looking for their 15 mins of fame or in this case one week of fame makes me nervous and I find myself carrying everywhere and avoiding crowded places. This is just nuts.Don't know what scares me more the nut with a gun or the media.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote