View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #55
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
I think what fauch is trying to say is that toooo many people will go out and buy a gun and go to a one day course for the CC permit but don't got a clue about gun safety or what a gun can do or have ever seen what a gun can do. They are too nonchalant when it comes to handling a weapon. As an example the guy in Pa. that shot his kid by accident. Sorry that was not an accident that was negligence. I know that would never happen to me because every time I handle my gun I go thru clearing it a minimum of 2 times even if it is unloaded. Yes, it has the clip in it but no round in the chamber when I carry or when it is in my truck. But when I go to remove it or pull it out I pop out the clip and rack it 2 times looking into the chamber and firing it. Yes I know it is not good to fire an empty weapon but it makes it safe. So no, there is no way I would have been able to shoot that kid. But there are just too many people out there that are worse then that with a weapon who always think it's empty???? I was brought up that a gun is never empty, it always has a round in the chamber even if you don't see one.... I don't advocate gun control but I do think there should be a longer course and more in depth on gun safety. In school we had to watch gory films of car wrecks for drivers ed, why don't they show gun shot wounds for a CC? To get a hunting license some states have a several day hunting course where they teach gun safety. For a CC permit some states require a 1 day course where you shoot at a target a few times and they teach you about the laws but nothing on gun safety. Other states you only have to fill out some paper work and they check your background and you get your permit with out ever shooting your gun or being taught the law much less gun safety. Gun safety should be a requirement to own a weapon........
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote