View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #32
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
I refrain from making personal comments on certain topics not because they are political, but because I am sensitive to the opinions of my American friends. I also stay away from comments or discussion on American politics as well as religion, if that makes me one of the members easily offended then so be it.

The topic may not be, or was not intended to be political, however it does stir up emotions from those pro and con on gun issues. I have owned guns, including handguns from the time I was a kid, and still do, I have nothing against owning a gun and using it responsibly, and I am fully in favor of being properly trained in the use of a firearm. If you question that read my only post to a thread that had anything to do with guns on these forums.

The simple fact that a couple of people expressed their opinion on the relevance of this type of topic on a RV site, quickly caused a negative response from some proponents, so it has the potential to stir up emotions and become uncivil. What I discuss around a campfire in person with my friends and others, will always be quite different from what I would discuss here in these forums, some of those topics are in fact banned here in the forums.

I made no negative remarks about anyone’s beliefs or rights regarding the issue of packing a handgun and was not uncivil in my comment. I only questioned the relevance of discussing this in a RV related forum.

I like to read all of the forum threads and I will continue to show respect for the opinions of others with whom I may agree or disagree, and will keep my opinion on this topic to myself for the reasons already stated.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote